Arduino pro mini

I bought a clone Aruduino pro mini as the below pictures. I uploaded it with a blink sketch and it's running well. After that I power it with 12VDC, but it's running well for a while (less than 1 minutes) and stop. I disconnected the power and touch the board. It was a little hot in a black IC (i think it's regulator).

So whether the MCU is dead or not. I intent to remove a black IC. What should I do?

The clone boards can have inferior regulator chips.
If using a 12v wall pack they can often put out much higher voltages at the low current of a Mini.

If you remove or disconnect the regulator chip , something like a MIC5202, and feed 5 or 3.3v onto the Vcc pin and see if the 328 still works ok.

upj: So whether the MCU is dead or not. I intent to remove a black IC. What should I do?

Does it work again when its cooled down, you did not say ?

You would expect the regulator to get hot if its running from 12V input. When they get hot they can go into thermal shutdown.

There are better regulators than those on cheap Pro Mini clones which can have a lower drop out and\or current consumption but they will get equally hot as well, the only way to reduce the heat is to lower the input voltage.

Please show us a good image of your wiring.

ricky101: If you remove or disconnect the regulator chip , something like a MIC5202, and feed 5 or 3.3v onto the Vcc pin and see if the 328 still works ok.

That's what I intend to do. Hope it's still running