arduino program runs only at start up

My arduino program runs only when on start up or when i press the reset button, i dont know the problem as i am a new bee into this. Please need help.

i have some constants here for the remote control, and i am just trying to replicate what i am sending through the arduino ir led, every thing works fine except that the program runs only once.

I guess my program sysntax is not right :blush:

Hey my program is below, click the link to see...

My arduino program

which I'm not going to show you

runs only when on start up or when i press the reset button, i dont know the problem as i am a new bee into this.

Well, buzz around fixing the problem. If you need help, you should have read the sticky at the top of the forum that told you to post your code.

I guess my program sysntax is not right

Wrong. It there was a problem with the syntax, it would not run even once.

check the link i posted before commenting

for (int z = 0 ; z < 2 ; z++) // ignore the repeated codes
    {
      irrecv.resume(); // receive the next value
    }

There is nothing to be gained by calling this function more than once.

Using an Arduino as both a receiver and a transmitter is not one of the things that the library supports, as I recall.

You could have posted that code; it isn’t all that long. If it was too long, you could have attached it to your post.

check the link i posted before commenting

Read this before posting

Ajay_Pyaraka:
My arduino program runs only when on start up or when i press the reset button

I have no idea what you mean by 'runs' in this context. Perhaps you mean 'works correctly', but that still doesn't tell us what your sketch is intended to do or what it actually does.

thank you paul for your reply, i guess that makes arduino ( not supporting both transreceiving ir commands ) a dumb micro controller.

i guess that makes arduino ( not supporting both transreceiving ir commands ) a dumb micro controller.

It maybe makes for a dumb library, but that's not necessarily a reflection on the underlying microcontroller.

If you can call this dumb, then i guess you know how to do better.
So why don't you have a crack at improving the library or make your own that does what you want it to.
If you make your own, i'd suggest you put "transceiver" in its name.
That will make it clear what it does or is capable of.

Ajay_Pyaraka:
Hey my program is below, click the link to see...

arduino program runs only at start up - Stack Overflow

So, this is a cross-post?

My arduino program runs only when on start up or when i press the reset button ...

How do you know that?

The Arduino program always runs at reset. Whether it does what you want depends on how well it is written. It isn't possible for it to stop running. It might do something other than what you want it to, perhaps.