Arduino programming over Rayson BTM-182 Bluetooth

Hi,

I have successfully managed to communicate with my Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V (Atmega328) over a Rayson BTM-182 Bluetooth module. I connected the UART pins the following way:

• Aruduino TX - Bluetooth RX
  • Aruduino RX - Bluetooth TX
  • Aruduino DTR - Bluetooth RTS

Also, I have set the baudrate of the Bluetooth module to 57600, which corresponds to the programming baudrate of my Arduino.

The problem I have now, is that I haven't been able to program my Arduino over the serial Bluetooth connection (I selected the Bluetooth as serial port in my Arduino IDE). The error message I get is the following:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x52 avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x52

The problem seems to be that the Arduino programmer uses the DTR pin to reset the Arduino, but my Bluetooth Module does not have a DTR pin. Is there a way of telling it to use the RTS pin for the reset signal instead?

The bluetooth module has a few programmable IO pins, maybe someone could use those on arduino's reset pin..

@chopper53

Could you post the code you used to talk to the module.

@ChowMix12

How can you go about programming these IO pins?

Well there’s no code really. I’m just using the Arduino IDE to program my Arduino…