arduino project for beginners

Good morning, everyone,

I just read an introductory article on the arduino card. I'm really very interested because I have often in the past had small flashes of genius (lol) but I was stopped by the fact that I had absolutely no skills to be able to develop the ideas in question. I bought a new computer on this site which I think is pretty good.

So I would like to know if it is really possible to program your own card? Are there any other amateurs around here who could have done that?

Thanks to all those who can enlighten me.

If Arduinos were not easily programmable this site would not exist. To get started, buy an Uno and a cheap starter kit. Then download and install the, free, IDE (Integrated Development Environment). Included in the IDE are many example programs to show how the Arduino works. And there are literally thousands of tutorials on the Web.

I am an amateur and have made many many projects and their programs with Arduinos.

Everyone started to learn Arduino when they are amateurs. The learning makes an amateur become an expert.

You can get started from Hello World program to see how easy it is

you can't imagine how those answers make my brain boil on a Monday morning ahah.

I'll think about what project I'm going to try to launch then.

what kind of project did you start with arduino, if you agree to talk about it, of course?

There are quite a few Arduino starter kits that contain all the components needed for quite a few simple projects and the instructions. See Best starter kits for some examples.

Many people have started with one of those kits to learn the basics of how things work and then moved on to their own more exciting projects.

Steve

Actually, I would recommend a Nano with pins soldered and a "solderless breadboard" rather than a UNO as you are unlikely to be using a "shield" that matches the UNO format. Thus the "Sunfounder" starter kit - number 6 in that article. Glad to see that all the other kits described contain an actual UNO and not a Duemilanove clone. :roll_eyes:

Notwithstanding the criticisms of the (cheap) solderless breadboards, most simple experiments will use one so you may as well start with (a larger) one and keep the components together. :sunglasses:

Depends how you define Amateur. I'm an Electrical Engineer, Arduino was just another IDE and '328P/2560 was just another microcontroller, and slow at that. So Professional anyway you look at in my eyes.

This is my breadboard, I've had a lot more stuff on at time, whole boatload of 7 segment displays and a couple of MAX7219s. After a while, I get tired of fixing pulled out wires and just wirewrap up a board while I get the design and software worked out.

These days I just go right to PCB. Same schematic creation, layout & wiring goes quick with smart parts placement, can make more than one copy at a time too. Been a while now since I wired up a board with discrete wires outside of connecting the board to a chassis & connectors.

Actually, that is still on it! I should get back to playing with that, get my electronic drum idea going. Then make multiple copies of it on PCB ...

I think the big project before that was 100 LEDs to test code for a 5x20 matrx before we went to the field to wire it up with bigger LEDs for this giant Nike FuelBand.

And yes, it was interesting getting that thru airport security in a clear plastic box :fearful:

I like the kit from the Arduino folks here - in part because it has a thick PRINTED manual - the type is a bit small for my old eyes but works great -they also have a wiring diagram of the circuits so you get used to working with schematics from the start

https://store.arduino.cc/usa/arduino-starter-kit

vivelasieste:
I have often in the past had small flashes of genius (lol)

You might be a bit more forthcoming about that, it may be the path to doing what you want, and getting what you need, rather than buying a kit full of stuff which won't, and you don't.

@CrossRoads so to your question "how much of an amateur am I?" ...well, I studied communications ahah. I'm no good at computers, but I'm dying to learn.

And you're right @Nick_Pyner, I'll try to clear my thoughts and I'll get back to you as soon as I can get it right.