Arduino Project PCB Design

Hello all,

I'm creating a PCB board for my arduino based project and I would like to add a reset button to it just in case of program crashes etc. I don't want to have keep connecting and disconnecting the battery.

What I would like to know is if the diagram in the picture below would suffice for the reset button circuitry.

List of Components:

1 x Tactile 6x6 button switch
1 x 10k Resistor

connect pin 1 or 2 of switch to GND
connect pin 3 or 4 of switch to 5v via 10k resisitor to Reset Pin of ATMEGA328P

or

Connect pin 1 or 2 of switch to 5v via 10k Resistor to Reset Pin of ATMEGA328P
Connect pin 3 or 4 of switch to GND

Would it work either way?

Many Thanks and apologies if I've posted in the wrong part of the forum.

Brett Rogers

What I would like to know is if the diagram in the picture below would suffice for the reset button circuitry.

Yes. Given we are talking about a project based on the UNO design.

Would it work either way?

As you didn't provide a link to the used components we cannot tell you. But I would expect you to be able to check the pins using a multi-meter if you don't have the necessary documentation.

Don’t know about the switch PIN numbers ( you can test that), but the circuit looks fine.

If you are planning to program in situ you will need a capacitor /resistor combination here - have a look at the Arduino schematic .

I would also add a diode from Reset (anode) to 5V (cathode) so that any spikes from the switch are shunted to 5V and do not cause the uC to think that high voltage programming mode is being entered, and acting hung when it doesn't receive further commands.

2019-02-12_11-57-14.jpg