arduino read from document a cell phone number

Hi, I'm using, shield GSM(M10) with arduino. So i want to read a number from a document (.txt) to change the cell phone number when i want to change it. Any suggestion?

:)

Go through the GSM examples provided with the shield?

The 32kb limit might fit in a few pages of .txt but the data input is a bit slow. I'd use a raspberry pi for that sort of thing if possible. If you have a hardware interface between your hardware and the arduino, then would it be sensible to separate the tasks? raspberry pi : find a phone number in a .txt and send a short message to /dev/ttyUSB0 arduino: recieve a usbserial message in your strictly defined format and pass on the number to the next device

just a thought.

My biggest concern is that sometimes in a month of continuous operation, the usb-serial link on mine glitches and comes back as /dev/ttyUSB1 which is not what my program is connected to.

Aqsa: i want to read a number from a document (.txt) to change the cell phone number when i want to change it.

Where is the text document stored?

Thx guys for your responds;

I'll use the serial (hard) to read the file. But i don’t know how arduino can read the file without using the monitor. I want an example (code) for that.

:)

Hi, I'm using, shield GSM(M10) with arduino. So i want to read a number from a document (.txt) to change the cell phone number when i want to change it. The idea is to use the serial (hard) to read the file and change the number inside the main program. But i don’t know how arduino can read the file without using the monitor. I want an example (code) for that.

?

Where is the file? Is it on the PC?

Aqsa: I'll use the serial (hard) to read the file. But i don’t know how arduino can read the file without using the monitor. I want an example (code) for that.

You'd need the Arduino to send a 'file read' request over the serial port to the PC, and have an application there read the file and send back the content. If the PC is running Windows, you could use Gobetwino for the PC application. It wouldn't be hard to write your own replacement on other platforms.

thx rogerClark for your respond, yes the file is in the PC. Thx to PeterH, but i don't know how using GoBetwino to do my work, can you please tell me the steps or give me an exemple for that.

:blush:

Aqsa: i don't know how using GoBetwino to do my work, can you please tell me the steps or give me an exemple for that.

That's to be expected - you won't know how to use it until you read the documentation and look at the examples that come with it.