Arduino Real Time

Hello All,
Is there anyone has successfully installed Arduino on real-time OS like Linux RTAI oer Linux Xenomai?
I’ve tried but i’m blocked because the real-time libraries can’t use USB device…
Can someone help me? :slight_smile:
Thanks you

Marco

maybe use single side arduino wrsion? it users standard rs232 not rs232->usb ftdi chip

USB has no realtime capabilities, so why would one want to install the Arduino IDE on such a system at all?

Install a second (normal) Linux-OS on your machine and use Grub to switch between the environments.

Eberhard

maybe use single side arduino wrsion? it users standard rs232 not rs232->usb ftdi chip

You wouldn’t have to go that far; if RS-232 is supported by RTOS Linux, then you could just build the RS-232 interface portion of the circuit and tie it to the RX/TX lines on the ATMega (just attach the lines to pins 0/1 on the board).

USB has no realtime capabilities, so why would one want to install the Arduino IDE on such a system at all?

It’s not clear whether he wants to develop on such a system; it could be that he needs to control or interface with the Arduino on the RTOS system, and that the actual software development is done on another box. This could be the case, for instance, if the RTOS system is being used for the processing power (say vision processing for a robot), and the Arduino is used for control/interface (to control servos/motors and/or read values from various sensors).

:slight_smile:

Hi Guys,
thanks for all replies… the problem is all computers that i have… have not the serial port :S so or i try on another pc or i’ve to change the project.
Thanks for explanations

Marco