Arduino reduces the laser power

Its important to mention that I’m noob. I bought 500mw 405nm TTL module laser(5-12 volt) driver circuit. When I supplied laser with 12 volt, it turns on with max power. but when i connects laser TTL module to arduino (pin 11) in order to control turning on & off of laser through GRBL(CNC machine language) command with full power, the output of laser reduces.

“M05 S0” turns off the laser while “M03 S255” should turns on the laser with full power as it is turning on with direct 12 volt supply, but its not happening.

so how can I make laser turn on with full power with arduino control?

Laser I,m using https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B071J2W7V8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Laser driver circuit

ttl ckt.jpg

Also posted at:

If you're going to do that then please be considerate enough to add links to the other places you cross posted. This will let us avoid wasting time due to duplicate effort and also help others who have the same questions and find your post to discover all the relevant information. When you post links please always use the chain links icon on the toolbar to make them clickable.

First question is whether your Arduino 0V is tied to the laser 0V.
Second would be to show your code </> inline.
Third would be an overall wiring diagram (not a Fritzy).
cheers

When you give it 12V from PS it shines bright but when you give it 5V from Arduino it is not?
Did you damage the Arduino by pulling more than 200mA through it?

I would use a cheap TTL-level MOSFET to switch 12V to the laser. The Arduino would control the FET.

It's hard to tell without specs or some application information. Did it come with an instruction manual, or a connection diagram, or anything?

Looking at the pictures, I'd guess the laser is supposed to run from 5V, not directly from 12V. It looks like you feed 12V into the power supply/controller board, and you get (switched) 5V out to the laser.

"M05 S0" turns off the laser while "M03 S255" should turns on the laser with full power as it is turning on with direct 12 volt supply, but its not happening.

Do you have a multimeter to make sure you're getting 5V out of the Arduino (and into the TTL input)? I've never used CRBL, but it looks like PWM (0-255) so have you tried writing a "digital high"? Have you tried connecting constant 5V to the TTL input?

skfahad:
Its important to mention that I'm noob. I bought 500mw 405nm TTL module laser(5-12 volt) driver circuit. When I supplied laser with 12 volt, it turns on with max power. but when i connects laser TTL module to arduino (pin 11) in order to control turning on & off of laser through GRBL(CNC machine language) command with full power, the output of laser reduces.

"M05 S0" turns off the laser while "M03 S255" should turns on the laser with full power as it is turning on with direct 12 volt supply, but its not happening.

so how can I make laser turn on with full power with arduino control?

Laser I,m using https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B071J2W7V8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Laser driver circuit

When you connect the laser TTL module to Arduino pin 11, is the laser module getting power from any other source?

How did you go with a clear wiring diagram as requested in my reply #2 ?
You haven’t answered any questions we have posed... so there’s no way we can offer more help.

I have a very similar laser module, and it operates with an inverted TTL trigger input. This means PWM: 0 is full power, 255 is somewhat less.

If you’re having trouble with these fairly simple requests, it doesn’t bode well for the project. Help = answers.

Check your max spindle speed under settings in GRBL, the M03 S255 command is setting a spindle speed of 255rpm, the default in GRBL is 1000rpm so I guess its giving around 25% of the power.

You can check your spindle max speed by entering $$ to see the settings,

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Can you post the code your are using?

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile: