Arduino remote controlled by IR sensor help.

Hi everybody! :slight_smile:

I'm trying to write down a sketch that can make my Arduino UNO make things, when i press button on a whatever tv controller.
Now, I built the circuit and connected a LED to the IR sensor, and while pressing any button on my TV controller, the LED turns on.
Ok, so I wrote a sketch to make Arduino reading the signal from the IR sensor. Here comes the problem :cold_sweat: =(

With the analog read I connect to (A0 Pin) it writes me on the serial monitor 1 when nothing is pressed and 0 when any button is pressed.
I would like to know how do I read the signals from my TV controller, as later i would put an IF with if 1 is pressed then LED 1 turns on,
if 2 is pressed then LED 2 turns on, and going on. I think that as the TV reads different buttons to make different things I could do the same with Arduino and wathever
I may connect to it. So, how do i read the different buttons to make Arduino see that they are different signals?

Thanks!

Exactly what i am looking for.

But I omitted that I'm using a MAC.
So how do i get and load those libraryes to Arduino app?
After that the sketch should be the same.
Any example would be great.

Thanks! :grin:

But I omitted that I'm using a MAC.
So how do i get and load those libraryes to Arduino app?

A lot of people are on Macs, it makes no difference. Just download it, double click and it unzips and then move the resulting folder into the libraries folder inside the Arduino folder in Documents.

A lot of people are on Macs, it makes no difference. Just download it, double click and it unzips and then move the resulting folder into the libraries folder inside the Arduino folder in Documents.

I'm done thanks I just didn't know where to put the libraries :grin: