Arduino Rev2 board with WifiShielf - Shield not present

Alright, enough is enough. I cannot for the love to god get this to work.

I am putting a WiFiShield on top of a Rev2 Uno, which is not normal to begin with, so I jumper the 3.3v to the IOREF like the guide says and I receive the classic "Shield not present".

if (WiFi.status() == WL_NO_SHIELD) {
    Serial.println("WiFi shield not present"); 
    // don't continue:
    while(true);
  }

So I look around... apparently others found success with changing the above code with this:

unsigned long start=millis();
  while (WiFi.status() == WL_NO_SHIELD) 
  {
    if ((millis()-start)>30000)
    {
      Serial.println("WiFi shield not present"); 
      // don't continue:
      while(true);
    }
    delay(500);
  }

So I then assume its some sort of hardware issue. I check the voltage from the jumper (3.3v -> IOREF) and it clocks at 5V... hmm... thats wrong. So I check the voltage of each pin alone 3.3v clocks in right, 5v clocks in right, IOREF is basically 0, floating voltage. Hmm.. some forum said to jumper the SCL and SDA to two different analog pins. Tried it... didnt work. The L9 light on the Wifi shield is very dim and flickers.. like it doesnt get enough power or some sort of hardware failure.

My question, what else can I do!?

This apparatus can be tested by using what I call "software instrumentation". Try new software with small changes.

Change #1 comment out while(true);
That is an infinite loop. Disable it by turning it into a comment.
/* while(true); */

Change #2 add instructions to report the value on a pin of interest.
Try looking at pins on the Arduino using software to get reasonable results. Look at pin binary '0' and '1' bits on pins that connect to your shield. Try twenty small experimental software tests, each one being an incremental improvement from the previous test.