Arduino RF transmitter to control rolling code garage gate?

Hello, this is my first post in the forum and my first time having a look at Arduinos!

I have an Mhouse WG20 garage gate and I am looking for a way to open and close it through WiFi/Ethernet. Basically, I want to build an Ethernet (preferably PoE) RF (433.92MHz) rolling code transmitter that can control my gate.

The gate controller has the ability to learn new remotes. I am not sure if there is proprietary logic on these controllers and remotes or if the controller can learn any rolling code remote. I don't want to buy and cannibalize a new Mhouse remote since they cost ~40EUR. I also cannot place the Arduino inside the controller housing to simulate the physical open/close gate button since it will not have a network connection there. These are the reasons why I am looking to turn an Arduino into a remote itself.

Any ideas if this is feasible?
If it is, any ideas what I need hardware and code-wise?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

Do you know how rolling code works?

Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

If the receiver is already present, how do you know how it learns new remotes and processes rolling code?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled “How to use this Forum”.
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

Do you know how rolling code works?

Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

If the receiver is already present, how do you know how it learns new remotes and processes rolling code?

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile:

Hey Tom! Thanks for the answer!

I am not familiar with the technical side of rolling code but I do understand the concept.

I have a lot of Linux experience but my programming skills are limited to some html, php and css. I can flash a chip with an external programmer and I can solder. I am in the process of learning how to read circuits but I do not have experience with Arduinos or embedded systems yet.

The receiver is an Mhouse CL20 control unit. The manual states that the transmitters use “Rolling code with 64 Bit code (18 billion million combinations)” at 433.92MHz. I know the unit can learn new remotes because I bought a replacement one when my original broke and I managed to “pair” it to the CU. The CU has a “transmitter learning” mode that is invoked by a certain button press combination on the physical unit that is next to the gate.

It isn’t quite clear what you intend to do, but keep in mind that rolling codes are nearly impossible for an amateur to crack or duplicate.

One possibility is to make a parallel connection to the gate hardware, using an open source encryption scheme with an independent transmitter and receiver.