Arduino robot arm with Inverse Knematics

Hello there!

Im in the process of building and programming a robotic arm using Inverse Kinematics as the control algorithm.

However i had one question, which to be honest not sure makes any sense....

But here it is:

So i was wondering since to position the robot you feed it (X, Y, Z) coordinates, i was wondering if there is anyway to make a change in coordinates correspond to a physical change of 1cm..

e.g.

The coordinates changed from (2, 2, 2) to (4, 4, 4) and that change correspond to a real change of 2cm in all the planes.

If any understands what i am asking i would really appreciate it if you could help me out!

Thanks!

Of course there is a way to do that, but in your case the solution depends on first solving the inverse kinematics problem. In most situations, there would be many solutions, i.e. several different ways of getting from A to B.

The coordinates changed from (2, 2, 2) to (4, 4, 4) and that change correspond to a real change of 2cm in all the planes.

It's up to you to decide what the coordinates mean.

But if your going to do Inverse Knematics then do them on a PC or the Linux half of a Yun. Done of the AVR's really have the where with all to deal this kind of problems.

Mark

OK thank you guys!

But could you just elaborate a little more on the I

t's up to you to decide what the coordinates mean

Thank you!

he coordinates changed from (2, 2, 2) to (4, 4, 4) and that change correspond to a real change of 2cm in all the planes.

Do you or don't you know what the physical correlation is between the coordinates and the position ?
It certainly sounds like you just said 1 point = 1 cm.

i was wondering if there is anyway to make a change in coordinates correspond to a physical change of 1cm..

is the above statement hypothetical or is that what you measured. I didn't see you say :

"I have mapped the robot coordinates and x has a range of n cms, y has a range of m cms and z has a range of p cms."

Does this robot exist or is this all hypothetical ?

From what I've seen, the relationships are the product of the math formulas used to calculate the arm angles required to place the arm in the desired position.

lele_gricc:
So i was wondering since to position the robot you feed it (X, Y, Z) coordinates, i was wondering if there is any way to make a change in coordinates correspond to a physical change of 1cm.

Of course! Just design your Inverse Kinematics so the input coordinates are in centimeters.