Arduino Robot compile problem

Hey there,

I am trying to power an Arduino Robot here at university. My superviser told me to update the motors, so they can work again. Thats why I followed the instructions online and opened Robot_Motor_Core, to upload it to the motor board. The problem is that I can't build the sketch, no matter what I do.

Here is the error message I got:

/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp: In member function 'void RobotMotorBoard::begin()':
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:39:10: error: 'MUXI' was not declared in this scope
pinMode(MUXI,INPUT);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t RobotMotorBoard::parseCodename(uint8_t)':
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:136:11: error: 'TK1' was not declared in this scope
return TK1;
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:138:11: error: 'TK2' was not declared in this scope
return TK2;
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:140:11: error: 'TK3' was not declared in this scope
return TK3;
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:142:11: error: 'TK4' was not declared in this scope
return TK4;
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp: In member function 'void RobotMotorBoard::motorsWrite(int, int)':
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:192:15: error: 'IN_A1' was not declared in this scope
analogWrite(IN_A1,speedR);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:193:15: error: 'IN_A2' was not declared in this scope
analogWrite(IN_A2,0);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:195:15: error: 'IN_A1' was not declared in this scope
analogWrite(IN_A1,0);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:196:15: error: 'IN_A2' was not declared in this scope
analogWrite(IN_A2,-speedR);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:200:15: error: 'IN_B1' was not declared in this scope
analogWrite(IN_B1,speedL);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:201:15: error: 'IN_B2' was not declared in this scope
analogWrite(IN_B2,0);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:203:15: error: 'IN_B1' was not declared in this scope
analogWrite(IN_B1,0);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:204:15: error: 'IN_B2' was not declared in this scope
analogWrite(IN_B2,-speedL);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp: In member function 'virtual void RobotMotorBoard::motorsStop()':
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:212:14: error: 'IN_A1' was not declared in this scope
analogWrite(IN_A1,255);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:213:14: error: 'IN_A2' was not declared in this scope
analogWrite(IN_A2,255);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:215:14: error: 'IN_B1' was not declared in this scope
analogWrite(IN_B1,255);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:216:14: error: 'IN_B2' was not declared in this scope
analogWrite(IN_B2,255);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp: In member function 'void RobotMotorBoard::_readTrim()':
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:271:23: error: 'TRIM' was not declared in this scope
int value=analogRead(TRIM);
^
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp: In member function 'void RobotMotorBoard::_refreshMotorAdjustment()':
/home/lukzmu/Downloads/arduino-1.8.4/libraries/Robot_Motor/src/ArduinoRobotMotorBoard.cpp:278:33: error: 'TRIM' was not declared in this scope
motorAdjustment=map(analogRead(TRIM),0,1023,-30,30)/100.0;
^
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Robot Control.

Given the scant information you have provided I would say that you are not using the library that was intended to be used with the sketch, or you are trying to upload it to a board that isn't suported?

Posting your code, and library, might help?

lukzmu:

Error compiling for board Arduino Robot Control.

When you are compiling code for the Arduino Robot Motor board you should select "Arduino Robot Motor" from Tools->Board and not "Arduino Robot Control"