Arduino Robot issues with connection to COM and upload

Hello

I just bought an Arduino Robot and after a very short while I have started experiencing some issues in getting the robot recognized by the IDE ie the COM robot port isn't showing in tools->ports

Actually after the initial set up, which worked fine, I uploaded on the control board the Motor test example a first time. In this initial instance the Robot behaved as it should: recognized on the port, uploaded the sketch unplugged and tested ok.

I then tried uploading another sketch to test it again, this time i used the compass one and here is where I started getting some problems.
I plugged the usb cable on my laptop and the the Arduino Robot port got recognized, I then uploaded the sketch and, through the end an Arduino Robot Control Bootloader port has appeared. I got the upload ok message.
I then unplugged the Robot to test the new sketch but when I powered the unit up nothing has happened: just a blank TFT screen and the PWR green led on.

I then tried to reconnect the Control board with the usb cable to my laptop but the robot wouldn't be recognized.

I tried also to upload a blank sketch, as indicated in the tutorial, and pressed the reset button but nothing has happened as the robot couldn't get recognized in any port.

I then rebooted my laptop and I try to connect the robot which got recognized this time (a port was opened and connected), I uploaded the sketch (the motor test for ex) but although I got the successful upload message once unplugged and the unit switched on nothing will happen: again blank TFT screen and just PWR on. Again if I try to reconnect the robot it wouldn't be recognized.

I tried all the resetting procedures but no one seems to work. So in essence I am unable to establish a com and hence no upload is possible.

I hope someone, somewhere can guide me towards a solution as I couldn't find anything that worked fine for me over the internet.

Ciao

Stefano

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Robot Control"

you need to paste your code. There is software name project diffhttp://www.projectdiff.com/
you download this if you have spare of code just check what difference between two codes.I am thinking its your code issue. Since you not getting error while uploading.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to answer.

The code I was uploading is the one in the example section ->robot control->learn->MotorTest

However at the moment I am really stuck as I can’t communicate in any form with the robot as even after rebooting the laptop, the Robot isn’t recognised and the usb cable doesen’t trigger any COM port at all

any idea??

fyi the 2 sketches code were:

/*
Motor Test

Just see if the robot can move and turn.

Circuit:

• Arduino Robot

created 1 May 2013
by X. Yang
modified 12 May 2013
by D. Cuartielles

This example is in the public domain
*/

#include <ArduinoRobot.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <SPI.h>

void setup() {