Arduino Robot upload stops working after several different sketches were loaded

I purchased an Arduino Robot and it worked fine for awhile. Now when I try to upload any sketch, the progress stops moving about 4/5 from the end. After some time passes the Arduino IDE begins to spew error messages that are somewhat incomprehensible to me, especially because I do not know JAVA. The last program that was loaded, functions properly. In this case it was the R1_Logo program. When the new program is uploaded the Arduino Robot seems to reset but instead of the new program being downloaded, the previously loaded program reloads. I have tried pressing the reset button once and twice before, during and after uploading but this does not seem make any difference. Neither does disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable. The sketch that was I was attempting to upload in this examples is the "Examples "Robot | Control | Learn | Beep" example. The sketch that was previously loaded was the Examples | Robot Control | explore | R01_Logo sketch. This sketch works fine but no new sketches can be uploaded. I do not know how to copy and past the error message to this post but I will try to enter it by hand: Sketch uses 21,212 bytes (73%) of program space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes. Global variables use 1,772 bytes (69%) of dynamic memory, leaving 788 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes. Found programmer: id = "B(copyright symbol) "; type = Software Version = .; Hardware Version = . avrdude: error: buffered memory access is not supported. Maybe it isn't a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device? processing.app.debug.RunnerException at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.UploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:125) at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1719) at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1625) at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1597) at processing.app.EditorDefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2397) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Problem Uploading to board See troubleshooting link(I did) at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploaderCommand(Uploader.java:111) at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:123) ... 5 more. It would seem desirable to be have a boot loader option to erase an existing application. I do not know if there is another problem or if the boot loader was corrupted and I am not exactly sure how to tell. The exact same problem was experienced on another Arduino Robot on a different computer but with the same setup, a few days later.. Arduino 1.5.6-r2 is the version of Arduino that was installed on two Windows 7 computers. Any help with this would most certainly be appreciated. AgingPanda

Which Arduino Robot are you talking about? There are dozens of Arduino-based robots out there.

John

My apologies. The only Arduino Robot I was familiar with is this one: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Robot#.UyNJf4Vy9oo I hope that this helps.

Check if my solution matches your case:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?PHPSESSID=4u5u1k8miak4v80u516ibh1iq7&topic=207908.0

Anthony