Arduino running continuously some weeks

Hello

I'm a newbie on this forum and with Arduino, so pardon me if I'm asking trivial questions...
I'm working on a simple system to monitoring the brew fermentation. Simply, I need to switch on a refrigerator if the temperature of the must exceeds a limit. I have already developed the components of the system and now I would need of a suggestion about the sketch.
Because I have to leave Arduino working for all fermentation process long (it takes 2 week) I would like to know if it's reccommended to insert on the sketch some kind of "DELAY", so that the code is executed only for a limitated number of times.
Moreover, there are some issue, in your opinion, if I leave Arduino working so long without interruptions? Are there some precautions that I have to implement in my sketch?

Many Thanks and Best Regards.
M.R.

Dottor_rao:
Hello

I'm a newbie on this forum and with Arduino, so pardon me if I'm asking trivial questions...
I'm working on a simple system to monitoring the brew fermentation. Simply, I need to switch on a refrigerator if the temperature of the must exceeds a limit. I have already developed the components of the system and now I would need of a suggestion about the sketch.
Because I have to leave Arduino working for all fermentation process long (it takes 2 week) I would like to know if it's reccommended to insert on the sketch some kind of "DELAY", so that the code is executed only for a limitated number of times.
Moreover, there are some issue, in your opinion, if I leave Arduino working so long without interruptions? Are there some precautions that I have to implement in my sketch?

Many Thanks and Best Regards.
M.R.

No need to add delay to your sketch, delay still has the processor running at it's full 16mhz speed, just not executing your other statements until the delay times out. I've had a 5x5x5 led cube running continuously for at least a year over my desk, so the basic AVR chip has no problems running 24/7/365. Only if you are battery powering something and want to extend battery life without going to bigger sized batteries, then one can utilize the various 'sleep modes' that the processor has avalible for your use.

Lefty