arduino running on OPLC xo laptop - revisited

i got thisXO , its a real toy (but sexy)... based on fedora distro. last effort to write a guide was in 08.

i followed said guide (after messing around with installing java, "yum install java-1.6.0-openjdk" seems to work) and got stuck with an initialization of the rxtx lib. working in terminal running $./arduino error goes like this: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:/home/olpc/arduino-021/lib/librxtxSerial.so: /home/olpc/arduino-021/lib/librxtxSerial.so: worng ELF class: ELFCLASS64 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)

http://www.captain.at/howto-java-serial-port-javax-comm-rxtx.php possible solution, but as always in Lin land, many conflicting solutions.

update: i followed the Fedora12 instructions from the playground was missing yum install avrdude rxtx

got the main screen, no errors but still serial port is grayed out and i cant get the screen rotate trick to work, and so interface is only 1/4 of screen.

update: switched to GNOME and the screen size is ok, also change the font size to 28.

update2: running from terminal with sudo ./arduino got me my ports. still haven't figured how to automate it. suspecting is something with the user locks. but all is working.