arduino saying can not find usbasp ????

OK ... I setup windows to use unsigned drivers I have reinstalled arduino IDE three times but I keep getting the same error

avrdude: error: could not find USB device with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc vendor='www.fischl.de' product='USBasp'
Error while burning bootloader.

That ? I have tried everything i can think of but still NO GOOD i mean im using 1.6.11 is there an issue with this version ? any help would be greatly appreciated

Have you selected the correct com port from the TOOLS menu?

regards

Allan

A quick Google with the error code popped up this thread.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=415210.0

Don't know if it helps. Leo..

dont know guys ill check it out I have tried everything except looking at the com port ? good call

It wont give the option to select a com port ....?

If it can't find the device/hardware, there won't be a com port. Leo..

dont know Ive downloaded every driver i could think of and Im still trying i think ill figure it out one of these years

Ive downloaded every driver i could think of

Have you tried the 'Zadig' driver installer?

Which version of "Arduino AVR Boards" do you have installed and which OS are you using?

I'm only using IDE V1.6.9 with Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.11, but got the same problem when I changed to a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit machine, and fixed it by downloading Zadig and installing the "libusb-win32(v1.2.6.0)" driver.

Others with different OS/IDE/AVR Boards versions have had success with the "libusbK v3.0.7.0" driver, (again installed using 'Zadig').

There are often problems when using Arduino AVR Boards V1.6.12, so you could try rolling back to V1.6.11 and/or doing the above. (If I step up to Arduino AVR Boards V1.6.12, my USBASP stops working with the current driver.)

'Zadig' is available here:- http://zadig.akeo.ie/

Edit: You haven't said - did you previously have USBASP working on that machine with that OS? If so, what have you changed?

Edit2: There's a bit more info here, too:- Dead-Simple Driver Installation for USBasp and USBtiny on Windows

yes it was working fine on windows 10 i reinstalled arduino to fix something else that is when I started having problems but i downloaded that driver installer im going to try that now i just installed V1.2.6.0 and well that didnt help either hmmmm dont know ?

bandmwhitt2013: yes it was working fine on windows 10 i reinstalled arduino to fix something else that is when I started having problems but i downloaded that driver installer im going to try that now i just installed V1.2.6.0 and well that didnt help either hmmmm dont know ?

Did you try temporarily changing to "Arduino AVR Boards V1.6.11"? And/or changing to the "libusbK v3.0.7.0" driver?

Im getting ready to reinstall WinAvr

GOT IT!!! I used Zadig and installed.....libusb-win32 worked like a charm thanks for the help !!

bandmwhitt2013: GOT IT!!! I used Zadig and installed.....libusb-win32 worked like a charm thanks for the help !!

Excellent. Glad to hear it's sorted out. :) (Sure beats going back to WinAVR.)