Arduino Serial Communication question

Hey guys

I'm sorry I couldn't explain the problem briefly in the title.

I use a software as an interface to my robot.

I should use a "USB to Serial converter" device to communicate with the microcontroller I have in my robot; however, for some circumstances the device I use seems to be fake and doesn't work properly, so I wonder if I can use my Arduino UNO as a middleman between my PC and the PIC microcontroller I have

Can I connect the Aduino UNO to my PC through the USB cable and in the same time use the Tx and Rx pins to communicate with the PIC microcontroller ??

Please someone reply very very soon

eng_osama: Can I connect the Aduino UNO to my PC through the USB cable and in the same time use the Tx and Rx pins to communicate with the PIC microcontroller ??

Yes, but you need to upload an empty sketch to the Arduino in case the sketch on the Arduino tries to use those pins.

Actually you will need to either remove the mega328P chip from the Uno or keep it in reset so that it doesn't use the Tx/Rx pins. Just jumper the Uno reset to GND to keep it in reset.

hiduino: Actually you will need to either remove the mega328P chip from the Uno or keep it in reset so that it doesn't use the Tx/Rx pins. Just jumper the Uno reset to GND to keep it in reset.

can u explain more plz?

You can use the USB to serial converter on your Uno and bypass the ATmega328P chip on the Uno. So you don't need to run any sketch. Just keep the ATmega328P in reset mode or remove it from the socket. Then use the USB from the Uno to the computer and the Tx/Rx pins(digital pins 1 and 0) to your other microcontroller board.