Arduino shield with Profibus interface for Arduino Mega

Hi all,

Are there Arduino users who are interested in connecting the Arduino Mega with the industrial field bus ‘Profibus’?

For the moment I have a working shield that acts like a slave on the Profibus network.

Greetz Bram

Hi Coollie,

a while ago I was searching for something similar but unfortunately with no results, so I was quite happy to read that you were able to build this.

Could you be so kind and share some details of your project?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Felix

I've used a ASIC with full profibus support.

All the digital outputs from the ASIC are connected to the Arduino DI. The Profibus-Shield acts like a slave on the Profibus network.

Besides the PCB design, I also have created a GSD file. This file is required for the master PLC in the network. It is possible to send/receive 4bytes of data over the network between slave and master. The bytes can be configered as inputs or outputs on the bus.

Network speed max: 12MBits

Best Regards, Coollie

Hi Coollie,

this exactly what I am looking for. Could you provide me with more information please. - Where can I get your ASIC ? - What's the price ? - Does it work on a Simatic S7 network as a Profibus DP slave ? - Probably your GSD file can be integrated in the Hardware Config of the S7 manager.

• Where can I get your ASIC ? It's a commercial available ASIC
  • What's the price ? 80€ for the working PCB (PCB for Arduino Mega)
  • Does it work on a Simatic S7 network as a Profibus DP slave ? It works 100% with Simatic S7 profibus network as a Profibus DP slave
  • Probably your GSD file can be integrated in the Hardware Config of the S7 manager. Yes, indeed. I have a working profibus network 12MBps

If you want, i can provide you an image of the PCB.

Best Regards

Hi Coollie,

thanks for your feedback. Sounds very interresting and probably I could use this in some projects. Could you tell me a source of supply.

Hi Coollie,

I work in the automation industry and I'd be very interested to have details of your project. We are looking to add a small device (like an arduino) to our S7-300 systems using profibus.

Kind regards,

Ben

Hi Coollie. I'm also very interested in this. Can you send me some info?

I also have an interesting project working to implement profibus. Can you send me also information on the shield.

Thanks

I was looking for such a thing very long time. I would be very pleased if You could send me some information about the project.

Hi Coollie,

I also working in industrial an very interested in your work, i want to test to connect arduino to DP master of siemens plc. May i get the pcb image / schematic of your design and the GSD file.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Coollie,

It seems a popular request… I would be very grateful if you could send me the schematics and any extra info of this board.

Best Regards,
Justo

Dear Collie,

Please help me with information about the project ( schematic, board, GSD file). I need to connect an Arduino board to S7 315 2DP master.

Best Regards, Adrian

Hi Coollie,

I am also interested in this schield. Board plus GSD file. Where can i get these?

Regards, Peter

Hi there, It seemes really interesting, whre can I get the pcb and the GSD file? Kind regards.

Hi Coollie.

I'm also very interested in this.

Can you send me some info?

How many people tried this? Does Coolie's interface work?

I have an S7-1500 and an Arduino Ethernet that I can communicate via modbus. But the profibus idea sounds like a much better way.

Let me Know

Hello Coolie, could you send me the description of the profibus shield? It sounds interesting!

regads justbql

Hi Coolie

I have a led board it's nanhua LD123 Led display and it has a profibus. I want to control this board using the arduino. Can I have more information about your shield. and I can use the rs485 shield.

Thank you

Hi coolie how are you

I want to ask you about your shield. my project will an arduino connected to an industerial led board (LD123 led display)

This board has an 485 connector so I can do that or I can use the 485 connector shield for arduino.

Thank you