Arduino Shields

Hi. I am currently looking for some shields for a new project, but cannot fully seem to find what I need.

1. A system that can read the position (pan and tilt) of a tripod head.
  2. A system that can output audio to an XLR.
  3. A system that can convert the lens data to audio (the Arduino itself?)

If anyone knows of any specific solutions that would be great, because I cannot find any. Thank you

Most sensors have standard interfaces, which allow to connect them to an Arduino without special shields. Try to find sensors instead of shields.

Something based on a MPU-6050? No experience with it but might do the trick.
2)
Something like Overview | Wave Shield | Adafruit Learning System. I associate XLR with balanced audio, so that part you probably need to build yourself although there might be boards available to convert unbalanced to balanced.
3)
How do you want to read the lens data? Directly from the lens (no camera attached)? From an image that was taken? Assuming some form of dSLR, in general the protocols for communication between camera and lens are proprietary so you might have a hard time reverse engineering it. Reading the EXIF from an image will be feasible but can still be tricky as it's often proprietary as well.

1. I did a little more research on the accelerometers, and there are plenty to look through, so I am gonna do some more poking around there.

2. I'll look into that, thank you, that looks very interesting. XLR conversion usually isn't that hard (just an adapter should do the trick)

3. We will be using a BlackMagic Design Production Camera. BlackMagic Design has released a camera control shield for Arduino: Control Your Camera Rig with the Blackmagic SDI Arduino Shield | Make:

Because there is no hardware or software solution to gathering the lens data (specifically the length in mm the lens is currently at), I want to use this as the only way to zoom, instead of LANC. This will then have the lens in line with it, and I can then split this signal off to the encoder arduino for data encoding. A bit of a closer look here into what we are trying to do: How the NFL's magic yellow line works - YouTube