Arduino-SI4012 how to transmit carrier wave?

Hi.

What lines of code would I use from the Arduino-SI4012 library to transmit a carrier wave for 1 second for example?

Ref: GitHub - mrmx/Arduino-SI4012: Arduino library for the RF chip SI4012 from Silicon Labs for library at Github.

Using the library's example file, Arduino-SI4012.ino, would I use radio.tx(); with a particular argument so that it transitions to CW? If so what is the argument?

something like..... radio.tx(,,,CW); delay(1000); radio.tx(,,,tune); perhaps?

My problem is that there is no information on how to use the library. A clever person might be able to glean the necessary information from the .cpp file, but I'm not one of those people. I sent an email to mrmx at the address give at Github, but no reply.

Cheers

Matt.

What lines of code would I use from the Arduino-SI4012 library to transmit a carrier wave for 1 second for example?

I do not understand the purpose for this. The radio should be sending the carrier wave all the time. Data is added to the carrier wave.

Hi,

The data sheet is difficult to understand, the application notes are even worse.

My understanding is that the transmitter, generally, only transmits while it has packets to be sent. It is a waste of power to transmit a carrier continuously while there is no information to send.

However, I want to transmit a carrier for the sake of the carrier only.

Refer to data sheet: http://docs-asia.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/1106/0900766b81106d73.pdf

On page 25 of the data sheet, COMMAND: TX_START eludes to the possibility of transitioning to a state of continuous TX with the argument DTMod[1:0] - CW Mode. I expect that same argument can be expressed in the function radio:tx(); Anyone?