arduino simulators

hey guys Now I want to do all my project and run it on simulator then test it after that run it with real arduino hardware

So, which simulator is the best to simulate my arduino project "even it is not free"? Note: I use Ubuntu 14

Although there are some Arduino simulators (most of them for free), they usually don't do what you expect them to do because in most cases an Arduino is used to communicate with some other hardware and that's almost impossible to simulate. What kind of simulation do you have in mind? What kind of project are we talking about? What output do you expect from that simulation?

emulare is free and works well. I have been using version 1.9, but it has an issue with interrupts such as those used by SoftSerial. The author thought that it might be fixed a couple of months ago but it didn't happen. As others have told you, it will depend upon what you want to accomplish and what hardware is needed.

emulare can simulate multiple Arduinos - not all simulators can do that - and I needed that capability. However, once I started using SoftSerial, it was easier to wire up multiple Arduinos and run the code directly. I lost a lot of time wrestling with a SoftSerial bug that turned out to be an emulare bug. On the other hand, emulare was very helpful until I had enough hardware gathered together.

Nesreen: hey guys Now I want to do all my project and run it on simulator then test it after that run it with real arduino hardware

So, which simulator is the best to simulate my arduino project "even it is not free"? Note: I use Ubuntu 14

An Arduino pro-mini will cost you about the same as a cup of coffee in Starbucks and will do most of what a larger Arduino will do.