Arduino single sided serial board

Hi,

i am using arduino single sided serial board. Is there any need of ISP programmer device to upload the bootloader in to the ATmega8L or DB9 is enough. If so could you please send me the detailed steps for uploading the bootloader through DB9 without ISP programmer device. Its very urgent please help me out.

No you need some sort of programmer. There are lots about you can make or buy. See this for a start:- http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/Bootloader?from=Main.Bootloader

Hi,
Thanks for ur reply. I am using AVR Studio to upload the bootloader through DB9. I need the detailed steps for uploading the bootloader.

No you need some sort of programmer.

You can only use the DB9 to upload programs AFTER the bootloader is installed.

Prior to that, you need to use the in-circuit serial programming method.

This is what I use to install the bootloader: USBtinyISP - Inexpensive USB AVR Programmer Once you have something like this… then you can burn the bootloader using the Arduino IDE.

Ya i have selected parallel programmer to upload the bootloader in to Arduino single sided serial board. Please send me the steps how to upload the bootloader using AVR studio 4. I am using Arduino-0016 for this bootloader.

Please send me the steps how to upload the bootloader using AVR studio 4

Why do you want to do this when you can use the Arduino environment to do it? Details here:-
http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/Bootloader

I am using Arduino single sided serial board . Now in Arduino environment Tools → Board which of the one should be selected. i am using Arduino-0016. Its very urgent…

It depends what processor you are using on your board. Look up what named board has that processor and select that one.

Thank you very much for all ur replies…Finally i have succeded… My board is working fine…

Hi,

In the Arduino site at Hardware link i saw all different kinds of boards developed by arduino. But is there any difference between all those boards. I saw only one difference that is uploading the sketches. Can i replace the ATmega8 IC with ATmega168 on single sided serial board. Revert me soon.