Arduino sound sensor to control brightness of LED ?

hello guys,
what i need to know is:
is it possible to control the brightness of an LED with arduino audio sensor or the sensor just make the LED goes on and off when it detect sounds ?

this is the sensor i have : http://www.ekt2.com/products/productdetails?ProductId=3e78811a-d831-4aac-a3d0-e417e44d10bf

and i wonder why is there a digital D0 pin ? it's not used in any of the tutorials i checked :o

firashelou:
is it possible to control the brightness of an LED with arduino audio sensor or the sensor just make the LED goes on and off when it detect sounds ?

Well that's what an analog output would be for: output voltage depends on the volume of sound, use that to set the led brightness

and i wonder why is there a digital D0 pin ?

Did you read the datasheet?

2, DO, when the sound intensity reaches a certain threshold, the output high and low signal, [threshold -
adjustment by potentiometer]

JimboZA:
Well that's what an analog output would be for: output voltage depends on the volume of sound, use that to set the led brightness

but how to set the brightness if the LED are connected to digital pins ? i mean what method related to the input from the microphone should be used here ? i want the LEDs goes in a very smooth way when music is playing

JimboZA:
Did you read the datasheet?

yes but i didn't understand what do that mean ? :-[

Connect the LED to PWM digital pins, then you can use analogWrite() to give the LED a brightness between 0 and 255, with the brigtness being based on your analog input. Have a look at this.

JimboZA:
Connect the LED to PWM digital pins, then you can use analogWrite() to give the LED a brightness between 0 and 255, with the brigtness being based on your analog input. Have a look at this.

ah k so i remap the analog input from the microphone to get a value between 0-255

i will be using a shift register so i guess i have to analogWrite the enable pin