Arduino SSR and fuel injector help.

Hi,

I am yet to have my very own Arduino but will be getting one shortly. I would like to be able to use a standard type (what ever that may be) automotive fuel injector with the arduino.

I see that you can use a SSR-solid state relay. Is this the general normal practice that would be in a cars electronics? There was a thread about inductance with motors and SSR’s and you need to have a resistor in there to prevent something from happening?

Does anyone know what the requirements are of a fuel injector? Like how long can you keep it energized with 12 volts for? Will it draw too many amps and break etc?

I assume a standard arduino would be fine for the task. It seems like you can just send the arduino logic level signals to one side of the SSR and then have a 12v battery hooked up to the other side circuit for the injector?

Peter

Does anyone know what the requirements are of a fuel injector? Like how long can you keep it energized with 12 volts for? Will it draw too many amps and break etc?

These are not Arduino-specific questions. The answers depend on the injector that you have chosen.

I assume a standard arduino would be fine for the task.

Certainly. What was the task? You don't really say.

It seems like you can just send the arduino logic level signals to one side of the SSR and then have a 12v battery hooked up to the other side circuit for the injector?

When we see the SSR that you have chosen, and the injector, we can say something about how they should be wired.

It seems to me that if you need to ask such basic questions, then this project is a bit too ambitious for you.

How will the Arduino know when to fire the injector?