I have been struggling with a MakerFabs shield for over 2 weeks and think it's time to look at another shield board. You can see my struggles here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=571590.0
Project goals and wish-list:
- Remote hazard warning system M2M Iot
- Send-only communication
- Get GPS location convert to ASCII lat-long format suitable for general use (Google maps)
- Send ASCII location data and hazard message as both SMS and EMAIL over cellular network (wifi will likely not be available in many deployment locations)
- Powered down completely for long periods of time, only power up during hazardous situation or maintenance activities.
- Sketch code examples known to work on Arduino IDE 1.8.x
- Thorough, knowledgeable support from the manufacturer
- Included libraries well documented and proven
- Shield must have the header pins to stack on top of Arduino UNO (no soldering)
- High performance antennas with leader wire for off-board mounting included
What shield board can you recommend that will best support the above project?
Thank you Donald Casteel - Threshold Engineering USA