arduino standard led not blinking

hai friends i am new here also with arduino.i am working with esp8266 and trying to interface it with my mega2560 i used its 3.3v supply out for esp8266 my esp don’t work with it but i thing after this my board is working not properly its led which is on 13 pin is not working when i upload simple blink sketch in it.plus if i upload simple serial com sketch such that if i write a character in serial monitor and send it to board board receive and transmit the character serial to me on serial monitor i am using serial 0 for it com port on board.but it gives me 29285 value every time even i send A.but if i send fixed character it displays correct value.sketch is given plus screen shot of serial monitor.
any one can help thanks in advanced… :slight_smile:

sketch

unsigned char store;

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(115200);
Serial.println(“saad”);

}

void loop()
{

if(Serial.available())
{

store=Serial.read();

Serial.println(‘store’);
}

}

Serial.println('store');

Single quotes?

Please use code tags when posting code.

plus when i am testing my same code on proteus same issue is coming

char store=0;

void setup() { Serial.begin(115200); Serial.println("saad");

}

void loop() {

if(Serial.available()) {

store=Serial.read();

Serial.println('store'); }

}

I'm glad you figured out how to use the code tags but you created a new topic for some reason. Please edit your original post at http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=391325 instead.

I don’t know what proteus is (apart from the evil AI in “Demon Seed”*), but I’m hoping it doesn’t like single quotes either.

29285 == 0x7265 == ‘re’

*It was also the name of the submarine in “Fantastic Voyage”

pert: I'm glad you figured out how to use the code tags but you created a new topic for some reason. Please edit your original post at http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=391325 instead.

Actually he has not used code tags. They are quote tags.

Weedpharma

You're still using single quotes ('store') when you should be using double quotes ("store")

They are quote tags.

True! saad13, the code tags is the </> button. Please use them when you are posting code or error/warning messages.

you should be using double quotes (“store”)

Either that or no quotes at all, if I understand the OP correctly and from looking at the code it seems the intention is to echo back whatever is received. so it should be something like:

Serial.write(store);

thnx frinds problem solved.. but still led blink code is not working