Arduino Supported Languages

I know C is used with Arduino applications, but can C++ also be used. (From what I have read it can be. ) Can C++ do everything C can within Arduino without any limitations? I went to Radioshack recently and I was told that C was supported and C++ was not. Please confirm this for me.

ARDUINO_cpp: I know C is used with Arduino applications...

C++

...but can C++ also be used.

Yes.

Can C++ do everything C can within Arduino without any limitations?

I don't understand the question so I'll go with "yes".

I went to Radioshack recently and I was told that C was supported and C++ was not.

The Radio Shack employee is an idiot.

No, of course not. There is no standard in, no standard out, no operating system, no file system. So, none of the C or C++ functions/classes that deal with those items are going to work worth a damn.

PaulS:

No, of course not. There is no standard in, no standard out, no operating system, no file system. So, none of the C or C++ functions/classes that deal with those items are going to work worth a damn.

What I mean by this is: If I use C++, is there anything that I won't be able to do that someone using C could.

C++ is almost entirely a superset of 'C', and the "Arduino language" is just a thin layer of mud smeared over the top of C++. To all intents and purposes, you will be developing in C++, no you don't have any choice in the matter, and speculating about whether any of the alternatives are 'better' is pointless since Arduino only supports one language so that is the only one you can use.