Arduino Sync Issue

I have an Arduino UNO. As it was not an Arduino brand model (It was OSEPP), the only thing I had to do was plug it in my XP desktop, put automati driver search and the computer installed the serial to USB driver. Everything worked out fine, but now, I bought a Nano V3.0 (Gravitech) and the ones who I bought it from, told me that if I already had the drivers installed, it should work. When I first plugedthe Nano, a message appeared saying that a USB to serial driver was installed for this new device, but when I try to upload a sketch the following error appears:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

I think you hit the ftdi-gate.

Cheap Nano boards have often (always ?) a counterfeit ftdi chip.
It did work with the old drivers, then came drivers that destroyed it, and the new drivers just don't work with counterfeit ftdi chips.

I know it works because I tried it with this Driver that was indicated in the arduino official page and it worked with 1.60 version of the IDE in my friends computer but I did the same procedure for installing the driver in my computer (that has the same operating system) and it doesn´t work. So I don´t know what to do. Do you know any other reason related with the PC? Thanks :wink:

Error: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding