Arduino telnet

Hi

I am newbie in Arduino.

I have problem with one of Examples. I'm trying to do something with Telnet Client example.
I have Arduino Mega2560 and Ethernet Shiel. Other Eexamples for Ethernet work, but not this one

Maybe I just write wrong something in this places:

1. byte mac = {
    0xDE, 0xAD, 0xBE, 0xEF, 0xFE, 0xED };
    Mac from sticker on my ethernet shield

But what number should be in this places:

1. IPAddress ip(192,168,1,177); ?

// Enter the IP address of the server you're connecting to:
3. IPAddress server(1,1,1,1);

Thank you very much for any help:)

1. byte mac = {
    0xDE, 0xAD, 0xBE, 0xEF, 0xFE, 0xED };
    Mac from sticker on my ethernet shield

I am 100% certain that that is NOT the MAC address on the sticker on your ethernet shield.

But what number should be in this places:

1. IPAddress ip(192,168,1,177); ?

The IP address that YOUR router assigns to YOUR Arduino. Only you can determine what that is. I have configured my router to always assign the same IP address to my Arduino, and to never assign that address to any other device.

// Enter the IP address of the server you're connecting to:
3. IPAddress server(1,1,1,1);

If you don't know the IP address of the server, we certainly can't tell you what it is.

Thank for reply. It was usefull.
I don’t know why, but in most examples I need to connect: pins 10, 11, 12 on Ethernet Shield and pins 50, 51, and 52 on the Mega, but not in this example (telnet). It is normal behavior?

I don't know why, but in most examples I need to connect: pins 10, 11, 12 on Ethernet Shield and pins 50, 51, and 52 on the Mega, but not in this example (telnet). It is normal behavior?

If your ethernet shield has the ICSP connector on the bottom, then it is never necessary to connect pins 11, 12, and 13 to other pins to enable the ethernet shield to work on the Mega. If yours doesn't, it is always necessary.