Arduino+TFT+XBee

Hello,

I'm planning to develop an arduino module attached to a TFT LCD (graphical not only characters or with large characters at least - bigger than only two lines, for instance) and a ZBee communication module. Questions,

1. Would this configuration setup be possible in the standard setup?
  2. How about the kind and number of inputs and outputs a TFT and XBee require? Any device brand suggestions?
  3. Is there a way to have a hardcoded ID in a module for the case when power goes off?
  4. Would a i2c module be useful in this context?

Thanks for any info!

Andre Luiz

1. Would this configuration setup be possible in the standard setup?

The TFT shields usually have their own controller and memory, so the heavy work is not done by your Arduino. Same for XBee: it communicates with your Arduino through a serial (h/w or s/w) port.

1. How about the kind and number of inputs and outputs a TFT and XBee require?

XBee requires 2 pins (Tx/Rx). Arduino can handle any TFT shield made for Arduino. Check out the TFT shield from adafruit (takes 12 pins).

1. Is there a way to have a hardcoded ID in a module for the case when power goes off?

Internal eeprom can hold data even when your Arduino is not powered.

florinc:

1. Would this configuration setup be possible in the standard setup? The TFT shields usually have their own controller and memory, so the heavy work is not done by your Arduino.

Then, these shields' board interface then requires how many pins from arduino? I'm assuming they are digital ones, correct?

Same for XBee: it communicates with your Arduino through a serial (h/w or s/w) port.

Ok.

1. How about the kind and number of inputs and outputs a TFT and XBee require? XBee requires 2 pins (Tx/Rx). Arduino can handle any TFT shield made for Arduino. Check out the TFT shield from adafruit (takes 12 pins).

Ok. The only requirements are: graphic and backlit, not even color. I do not need touch screen capability since they are for display only. Any suggestions about a specific brand apart from adafruit since it does not fit only the requirements above?

1. Is there a way to have a hardcoded ID in a module for the case when power goes off? Internal eeprom can hold data even when your Arduino is not powered.

Good.

Thanks,

Andre Luiz