Arduino to Android

Hi, my friends and I are participating in a hackathon this weekend and we're stuck :slightly_frowning_face: We want our android phone to send an email/sms/phone call based on certain inputs it will receive from the arduino. We have got the part where the arduino can send commands to the android phone but we can only see them in a terminal. Does anyone know how we can get the phone send an email/sms/phone call automatically? Thanks for your help! We have been working on this for 4 hours already :sob:

kausik93: We have been working on this for 4 hours already

Probably in the wrong place. What you need is the android app to suit your needs. This will be in the Google app store. If there aren't any, and it would take a lot less than four hours to find that out, you need to make one.

You have done the Arduino bit and, while Android can be used to control Arduino, what you want is Arduino to control Android. I don't think Android is designed with that in mind.

Have a look at SL4A if you just want something simple.

...R

We have got the part where the arduino can send commands to the android phone but we can only see them in a terminal.

A terminal on the Android? What kind of terminal? What kind of connection between Android and Arduino.

I suspect that you've now moved beyond what people here address here. Android forum may be more responsive.