Arduino to Arduino Communication

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to send data from one Arduino to another Arduino over ethernet. I'd like to send temperature measurements from Arduino 01 to Arduino 02 but I'm not exactly sure how to do so, but before even going near exchanging sensor measurements between the two, I'd like to send a simple sentence between Arduino 01 and Arduino 02.

I'm fairly new to Arduino and from what I could gather, TCP/IP is the best method for what I'm trying to accomplish, but the thing is I don't even know how or where to start, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out and point me in the right direction. Thank you for your time, I'm currently using:

2x Arduino UNO R3
2x Ethernet Shield 2

With the Ethernet shield, the Arduino can be a server that knows how to handle GET requests, or a client that knows how to make GET requests.

With a bit of care, the Arduino can act as both client and server, though it is not easy to cram both roles into the limited memory you have to work with.

Forget the Arduinos for now. Get one PC, running Apache so it can be a server and a web browser so it can be a client, to communicate with another PC running Apache so it can be a server and a web browser so it can be a client.

Once that works, with appropriate scripts on both servers, making the Arduino act as server and client will be trivial.