Arduino to Arduino using Bluetooth

I see plenty of Arduino to PC communication using a bluetooth transceiver and also the Arduino BT, but is there a way to use two Arduinos each with their own bluetooth transceiver to send information back and forth? I'm looking into alternatives for RF communication.

Don't be surprised if this is the only reply you get and, if it is, it will be one more than I got when I asked.

I believe the problem is to do with setting up the pairing. It is either impossible or just too hard but, when you use bluetooth with a PC, it is all absurdly simple. This is because all the work to expedite this is done at the PC end.

One note on this if you want to use cheapo JY-MCU modules for two way traffic. It is possible to change the names but all HC-05s are initially called HC-05 and all HC-06s are called LINVOR. This might help in setting them up.

Freumar: I see plenty of Arduino to PC communication using a bluetooth transceiver and also the Arduino BT, but is there a way to use two Arduinos each with their own bluetooth transceiver to send information back and forth? I'm looking into alternatives for RF communication.

Yes and its not even difficult. The key is that you need a transceiver that can be a master and one that can be a slave. The Seedstudio bluetooth shield can be either. They even have a tutorial on making two Arduinos talk to each other using bluetooth here:

http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Shield

Hobbytronics have a new master module and a video of how to pair it up here. Once the devices are paired then they will auto connect on power on.