Arduino to Arduino

Hi all

I will be starting my final year of college next year and I was considering using an Arduino for my final year project.

I have a question

Can you connect an arduino from my home to an arduino at an office at college?

I want the arduino to take a picture at home send the picture to the office at college, but also connect the arduino at the office to a physical object that will move on your work table.
A physical and visual notification is what I am thinking.

If anone can tell me if this is possible it would be great, and also the hardware required so I can get making.

Thank you in advance

Edd

Can you connect an arduino from my home to an arduino at an office at college?

Yes via an internet or Wi-Fi shield.

I want the arduino to take a picture at home send the picture to the office at college,

You might want but this is almost impossible due to the lack of memory on the Arduino, especially once you add the internet libraries.

There are a few examples at arducam.com for cameras you can integrate with an Arduino. But like Mike alluded to you have to anticipate it being quite slow and with low resolution images.

Thank you guys for the quick response. I will have to get the thinking cap on.
Thanks again.
Edd

RaspberryPi )(with camera) connected to internet (no shield required) send out to remote arduino that can run the vibrator or motor object. Camera view is through any browser. You can even have live video. and because it's a Pi you can motorize the camera with two servos to look around (again no extra circuitry except the servos)

Am I allowed to use the "R" word?

You will have to portforward the Pi through your router at home but that's pretty easy assuming your provider allows it. Even then you can use a non standard port and they usually don't care.

Wow thanks for that information where there is a will there is a way.
Thank you.