arduino to control two stepper motors

hello,

i'm interested in the starter kit and i will be happy if you will tel me when you estimate that the kit will be in stock.

secondly, i'm building a project that moves a solar panel in dual axis for tracking the sun. in order to do that i need to control two dc- stepper/servo motors for each axis.

will uno arduino will be enough or do i need also some kind of shield for the motors?

i will appreciate if you will reply your answer also through the mail- yoni.shenhav@gmail.com

thank you,

yoni shenhav

It is unlikely that your motors will be small enough to run on 30 mA so, yes, you need motor drivers for your motors. Pick the motors, than pick an H-Bridge driver that can handle the motor's voltage and current requirements. The company Pololu sells a range of controllers: Pololu - Brushed DC Motor Controllers

yonts:
i'm interested in the starter kit and i will be happy if you will tel me when you estimate that the kit will be in stock.

The people (like me) who contribute to the Forum have nothing to do with the Arduino shop, and I don't know how you get an answer to that question.

secondly, i'm building a project that moves a solar panel in dual axis for tracking the sun. in order to do that i need to control two dc- stepper/servo motors for each axis.

Stepper motors are not suitable for moving solar panels because they use too much electricity - they consume full power all the time even when stationary.

You should look for motors that will hold their position without needing any power - probably a motor with a worm-gear reduction, or a motor driving a screw. If your solar panels are large a used car screen-wiper motor may be suitable.

...R