Arduino to generic computer monitor for the purpose of displaying serial monitor

how can one take a programmed arduino uno wired to a computer display and have the serial monitor display on it in real time. Additionally, I plan to have potentiometers change values in real time. This then would be a standalone unit. Thank you for your help.

Here is an Uno to VGA project.

Hi,

csecor5: how can one take a programmed arduino uno wired to a computer display and have the serial monitor display on it in real time. Additionally, I plan to have potentiometers change values in real time. This then would be a standalone unit. Thank you for your help.

Do wan just a MONITOR, or a COMPUTER and MONITOR to connect with the arduino? Thanks.. Tom.. :)

Just a monitor, the system would consist of an arduino potentiometers to change values in real time and a monitor to display a graph of sensor data

Hiu, Okay, check out the link in post #1. Video processing to get to a VGA screen is very processor and memory intense. I don't know what quality of display you are hoping for but you need to do some googling.

Tom... :)

I guess whatever is best so that It can be optimized, or at least I need it to work. Thanks for the input so far to both of you!

Hi, A raspberry Pi, or Banana or Orange or whatever the latest system on a board, would probably be better as they have the video processing already done, and HDMI output.

You haven't said what your application is, educational, industrial, entertainment?

Tom.... :)

Pi crossed my mind, although you need more equipment, its Educational.

Maxim MAX7456 would give you simple block graphics.