arduino to max 232 to cc2500

first off i my apologies if it is not the right section to post in…(in which case i will be more than happy to post it under the right section nudged in the right direction)
now
the confusion is regarding cc2500 rf module by robosoft systems interfacing with arduino
i wish to know that in the max232 ic
i just need to connect the 1 microfarad capacitors as shown in the datasheet and (in my understanding) the picture showing interfacing schematic between pin1 and 3 and like
or
do i need to simulate the inverter logic between pin 11 and 14 and like as well
in my understanding again
they are a part and parcel of the ic and are not to be reproduced by me through components
umm
another thing
i just need to connect either of the ttl logic input or rs output pins
for example
i connect pin11 of max232 to my arduino rx and let be pin 13 as is
or do i short pin 11 to 13 and then connect that short wire to rx
damn, i am so messed up
i am positive many would actually be frustrated with the sort of questions
but could somebody please help me here…

datasheet.pdf (412 KB)

RFpro Module - how to use v4 .pdf (1.97 MB)

i just need to connect the 1 microfarad capacitors as shown in the datasheet and (in my understanding) the picture showing interfacing schematic between pin1 and 3 and like

Yes

do i need to simulate the inverter logic between pin 11 and 14 and like as well

No. The RS232 output is inverted, that inverter in the chip makes it alright.

do i short pin 11 to 13 and then connect that short wire to rx

No

No

thank you so much for clearing the smoke..

Nope's , EveryDay thing. :)

lol
thank god i ain’t an exception =p
umm
another question
i have a clone of duemilanove and it has a serial port not an usb
so it has a max232dne ic to do the needful ttl to rs an all
i am wondering if i can use that ic with cc2500 to communicate with the computer…
could i get some pointers??
like use the 2, 3 and 5 pin of serial port to attach to tx rx gnd of the cc2500 respectively
does that do the trick?
if not then what…??
=/ =?

so it has a max232dne ic to do the needful ttl to rs an all i am wondering if i can use that ic with cc2500 to communicate with the computer.. could i get some pointers??

SO you want to use the Deumilanove clone's MAX232 chip to make your cc talk with computer, I'm assuming this.

like use the 2, 3 and 5 pin of serial port to attach to tx rx gnd of the cc2500 respectively

The RF in here needs to have the same connections to serial communication as you would have done with the ATmega ,however the thing is there has to be tx,rx ,txd,rxd connection's but here it's only tx/rx with transceiver's

Further:

Take it from here >> http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1263196509

hmm that is the sheet i started with i mean that was in my original post =p what i don't understand is how can i have to connections when there is just one pin to connect to yaar please clear it out a little more can you

Try out the NewSoftSerial library to define Software Serial's , can solve your dual Serial transfer needs, just have a look at it and However Hardware serial is better than Software Serial.

NI$HANT:

so it has a max232dne ic to do the needful ttl to rs an all i am wondering if i can use that ic with cc2500 to communicate with the computer.. could i get some pointers??

SO you want to use the Deumilanove clone's MAX232 chip to make your cc talk with computer, I'm assuming this.

i want my arduino to talk to the computer i. e. receive commands from the gui in vb .net that i have made using the rf module because the bot needs to be wireless-ly controlled so my question is can i use the serial port on my board.. since its attached to the max232 pin and communicating with the comp through serial to usb dongle can i use its pins to interface with the rf module to do the trick! umm is it any clearer? =/ i'm on it abhi i mean the software lib just thought of the same thing

hmm now its sinking.. does that mean.. since a transceiver and a serial port are different components they interface differently with the chip =/ and that i cant really extend the interfacing to accommodate another like i cant interface a cc2500 module over to a serial port interfaced with the max232 ??

so my question is can i use the serial port on my board.. since its attached to the max232 pin and communicating with the comp through serial to usb dongle

Got it! yes you can i have done successfully this with XBee modules but the thing is two things at the same time will not happen , you have to unplug the Serial connection from the computer and connect your RF module with Rx/Tx to receive and send and no need of the library but if you want to use the serial port for the communication with the software in pc then definitely you have to go the NewSoftSerial library way to form software serial to send/receive across.

I have previously also use these darn cheap RF modules , also the super cheap 433Mhz one's , so here is another option! Virtual Wire library that will provide to the ability to change the Rx/Tx pin's ,freeing up you Hardware Tx/Rx for Serial comm. via MAX IC.

-- Nishant

thanx a ton!
now i see the sun!

NI$HANT:
but the thing is two things at the same time will not happen , you have to unplug the Serial connection from the computer and connect your RF module with Rx/Tx to receive and send and no need of the library

yup i guessed that much
thanks again
will update you on success

Be HapPy with the Project!