Arduino to read a LED control file ".led"

Hi everyone,

Just trying to figure out a project i'm trying to work on where I am creating a no standard LED matrix. eg; http://i.imgur.com/xjBxwnN.jpg

There is a program called LedEDIT which has been great and figuring out my layout and recording what I would like to display and it bundles this all down into a *.led file which you put on a SD Card and put into a LED controller like a T-1000S and off you go.

Is there any way to replace the T-1000S with an Arduino (or Teensy) that you can see?

Thanks for any advice. Dayle.

I guess my first thought is why would you want to do that? It looks like the T-1000S is a purpose built deal for turning files into displays. You might be able to invest a lot of time and effort into getting an Arduino to replicate what that box does. Are you looking for some additional functionality the box doesn't provide? Are you looking to avoid the US $40 - $60 cost of the box?

bigred1212: I guess my first thought is why would you want to do that? It looks like the T-1000S is a purpose built deal for turning files into displays. You might be able to invest a lot of time and effort into getting an Arduino to replicate what that box does. Are you looking for some additional functionality the box doesn't provide? Are you looking to avoid the US $40 - $60 cost of the box?

Fair question.

I want to replace it with an Arduino due to some serious space restrictions it would also be nice to be able to program buttons to play certain sequences instead of having to scroll through the mod,. and that's the only reason.

Thanks for your reply. Dayle.