Arduino to simulate screen touches on capacitive smartphone screen?

Hi, I'm brand new to Arduino.

I'm wondering if it's possible to to simulate screen presses on a capacitive smartphone screen? I'm in need of simulating presses on multiples screens at once as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Any help please?

Can you open up the phone and connect wires to it?

Fieldy:
I'm wondering if it's possible to to simulate screen presses on a capacitive smartphone screen?

What exactly do you mean by "simulate screen presses"?

Do you want to make a mechanical device that touches something to the screen that has the same effect as your finger ?

If so, what aspect of the device do you need help with ?

...R

I cannot imagine how to simulate key presses on a touch screen/panel by a simple device. You could cut off an finger and add mechanics to move that finger across the panel, lower and lift it to press a button. For gestures a second finger will be required. Some replacement for the fingers may work as well - best before cutting them off, not after! :wink:

Next comes direct access to the contacts of the touch panel, as already suggested.

Most elegant and least intrusive were an app that accepts press-codes (wireless?), and sends them to the touch panel handler or active program. But I have no idea how to implement such an app :frowning:

While I know that the suggestion of cutting off fingers was a joke - I'm not sure it would work. AFAIK the system relies on the fact that your body affects the capacitance of the screen.

You can make a finger substitute with a piece of conducting foam - but it must be in contact with your body.

...R