Arduino to tablet computer.

Hi,

I have an arduino project that I'd like to interface to a tablet computer, maybe an iPad or android based device.

Basically, the arduino hardware generates data, and I'd like to display that data in a more appealing format than a cheap low-resolution LED screen would give me.

I've looked at trying to do this over a USB port, but my previous efforts with USB host shields overloaded my brain as soon I got past the basic stuff with keyboards and mice.

It's occurred to me that most tablet computers come with built in Wifi and Bluetooth, how easy would it be to interface to an Arduino using either of these technologies?

I guess I've got a number of basic questions. Can I use these Wifi or Bluetooth? If yes, which one would I be better off with, and finally, any suggestions about which tablet computer and OS I ought to use?

I'm already having plenty of fun with the arduino project itself, so for this aspect of it I'm just looking for the cheapest and simplest way of getting my data onto a platform where I display it with some whizz-bang graphics.

Cheers

bluetooth! sending serial communication.
Only problem at the tablet side you have to write a program to read the data.

Paco

BigusDickus: Basically, the arduino hardware generates data, and I'd like to display that data in a more appealing format than a cheap low-resolution LED screen would give me.

Implementing it as a web app gives you the maximum flexibility for supported clients. You could either implement a web app entirely on the Arduino (probably not sensible if you intend your user interface to do anything non-trivial) or put your web site elsewhere and have it pull up data from the Arduino via any protocol you like e.g. SOAP/HTTP.