i am a beginner and want to control a transformer (0-22v DC) with an arduino / wemos. I need that for my LGB garden railways, normally you control the trains with a handheld transformer (LGB 50080). But I want to control it via mobile phone, do you have any ideas to implement this?
It does sound like a very "doable" project"
A high power mosfet could control the voltage.
Selection of the MOSFET would be important as I think wemos are 3.3 v
With the wemos controlling the MOSFET on commands received from the phone.
Finding the correct application for the phone may be the bigger hurdle.
An alternative to the phone would maybe be another battery powered wemos with an encoder / potentiometer to which you could also add a kill switch.
Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.
- Your OS and version can be valuable information, please include it along with extra security you are using.
- Always list the version of the IDE you are using and the board version if applicable.
- How to insert an image into your post. ( Thanks Robin2 )
- Add your sketch where applicable but please use CODE TAGS ( </> )
- Add a SCHEMATIC were needed even if it is hand drawn
- Add working links to any specific hardware as needed (NOT links to similar items)
- Remember that the people trying to help cannot see your problem so give as much information as you can