Arduino UNO 2 and Arduino Nano Every 2

I think there should a replacement for the Arduino UNO. Wishes: - AVR128DA28 (DIP version) or AVR128DA48 - USB C - UPDI with debug same for Nano Every

IIRC the NANO EVERY does have JTAG for debug but please correct me if I misunderstood.

As for the UNO it is a timeless classic. There are boards out there with 128's on them already so no real reason to re-invent the wheel. I know MOUSER has them.

The Every has UPDI but there is no firmware update to use the USB also for debug. The UNO is classic but historic. Missing additional RAM and UARTs. The MEGA is too expensive. And the new DA and DB chips are also available with DIP 28.

Maybe get a JTAG / ICE device or even roll your own.

Trying to make an Uno-like system with the 28pin DIP AVR-DA is problematic, because the functions that appear on multiple Uno pins (Serial, SPI, I2C) are distributed significantly differently than on the mega328.

Converting the Nano Every to use the AVR-DA would be trivial, though. The 48pin DA and ATmega4809 are pin-compatible.

Although... Why stick with AVR at all? How about a Nano-pinout board based on the SAMC (5V ARM CM0+)

I know the DA and DB series are not pin compatible with the 328, a new PCB must created. I like the AVR more than ARMs if I need not the horsepower of an F4 or F7, for this purpose I use Teensy or STM32 boards. The main reason is that the AVRs can very simple programed bare metal, which gives you a higher learning curve. And the new AVRs have much enough RAM and much extra functionality.

westfw: Although... Why stick with AVR at all? How about a Nano-pinout board based on the SAMC (5V ARM CM0+)

of course ! ... but is there any cheap 5v compatible swd programmer ? for the 0 or DA series, we now such updi ones

but is there any cheap 5v compatible swd programmer ? for the 0 or DA series, we now such updi ones

Actually, the UPDI chip on the Nano Every isn't 5V compatible; it's got some 9 parts worth of level translation circuitry :-(

A bootloader should suffice for most people...