arduino uno 2wd car moving slow

hi ,i have made a bluetooth controlled 2wd rc car which is eventually moving very slow. The motors consume over 5-6 volt each and the driver module which is L298 is said to consume over 7 volts ive used a pack of battery over 18 volts mainly for the driver module and a power bank for arduino uno which is connected from its usb socket yet it still does not have a good speed. Please help me out

Hi maim,

Please include a drawing or schematic of your wiring. It’s hard for us to tell exactly what is going on otherwise.

Pat.

so this is the circuit diagram for my system

Is that really 2 9V smoke alarm batteries powering the motors?

e757640a4748d2ce8327cbf56e5f84267fcd499f.png

maim, it might be worth you checking your actual circuit against the picture you just posted. In the picture you've got the voltage polarity the wrong way around- the '-' is going to the '+12V' connection of the L298N (and there might be a clue to a problem there too).
You're also connecting this -18V supply up to the Arduino. Even if you have it the right way around in real life, you shouldn't be putting 18V into the Arduino. It seems that you're using an external battery of some kind to power the Arduino, there's no need to connect the 18V supply in addition to this.

but wouldnt i need the arduino and L298 to have a common ground in order for it to function?

maim:
but wouldnt i need the arduino and L298 to have a common ground in order for it to function?

The ground would need to be connected, but not the +18V.

So that means i need to disconnect the battery from the ground wire thats connecting the arduino and also, what kind of battery is recommended for this?

maim:
So that means i need to disconnect the battery from the ground wire thats connecting the arduino and also, what kind of battery is recommended for this?

No, read it again. You need to connect the grounds. You don’t need to connect the 18V.