Arduino Uno and ESP 8266 ESP-12E

Hi,

Im doing a project where I should use something to send information like temperature etc to a database. I decided that I would use wifi to achieve that (or maybe gprs/gsm shield if I cant do it with wifi). Im using ESP 8266 ESP-12E UART shield for arduino just like this one (WIFI shield) with Arduino Uno R3.
I tried using wifi example code (entered SSID and password) and opened Serial Monitor but it writes only : "WiFi shield not present". I cant seem to find to much info on that specific wifi board Im using (or I didnt look hard enough) and Im not sure how to solve it. I tried following few tutorials and using few ESP libraries but it didnt help, its still as if the shield isnt even connected.

EDIT: One more thing, I dont know if I did the wiring right, I just put it on top of the arduino uno board, (did the same with gprs/gsm so I figured i should give it a try, also it was looked to me kinda logical to do it that way)

Im using ESP 8266 ESP-12E UART shield for arduino just like this one (WIFI shield) with Arduino Uno R3.

A photograph is not very helpful as you can't tell much from that. What would be good is a link to the product and better still the products data sheet.
For example what do those DIL switches do?
It is also possible that you shield is broken or that one of the pins that it uses is damaged on the Arduino.
Please read this:-
How to use this forum
It will give you hints about how to ask an effective question.

Oh sorry, I thought the name was enough. I cant find the datasheet which is also a problem for me. The switches are:
P1/2 TTLSW
P3 DFW/NOR
P4 DFW LED.

It also says on the board: Arduino ESP8266 Wifi Shield Version 1.0 by WangeTongze.
Wifi 2.4 Ghz
802.11 b/g/n

I thought the name was enough

There is an almost infinite number of boards out there, no one can know even a fraction of them.

The switches are:
P1/2 TTLSW
P3 DFW/NOR
P4 DFW LED.

Again while I might guess what some might mean, I don't know as they are not all standard abbreviations.

I cant find the datasheet which is also a problem for me.

I think you lesson here is never buy a device that you can't get the data sheet for. I think you should contact your supplier and see what they can provide.

http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8279

Thank you, I think that might help me solve the problem :slight_smile:

Grumpy_Mike:
I think you lesson here is never buy a device that you can't get the data sheet for. I think you should contact your supplier and see what they can provide.

I believe you're aware that many of us around the world have to pay ludicrous import taxes to buy Genuino/Arduino boards which means running straight to undocumented Chinese boards/sensors/shields.
The "supplier" is often some non-English-speaking vendor on aliexpress or dealextreme.

Why don't you have to pay the same import taxes on the Chinese boards, etc?

hiiii did you solve your problem i am having some issues similar
1)i cant burn program when connected to arduino
2)i tried buring program from the debug port that worked without error but the serial port shows that WIFI SHIED NOT PRESENT

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PLZZZZ

I have same problem ..... has anyone succeeded connect arduino and this wifi shield ??

try this :wink:

https://www.fais-le-toi-meme.fr/fr/electronique/tutoriel/programmes-arduino-executes-sur-esp8266-arduino-ide

i will explain it

how to connect it

shield have wrong ping D0-D1 since it was need to be crossover for use with Arduino UNO

step 1 - pin from D0 of shield you need to connect D1 on Arduino Uno
step 2 - pin from D1 of shield you need to connect D0 on Arduino Uno

baudrate need to be 115200

so for more info how to use it

for more info i will uploaded on gdrive so please

check on below links that i shared from my research over internet and hope this will help you
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fh0oZqobFhdA_RYbGU39fbgMe-kjrMGO?usp=sharing

more info you can get there