Arduino UNO and FreeBSD not working properly

Hello.

It is recognized by my system but I’m not able to upload anything. The IDE says:

Binary sketch size: 3620 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Verbose uploading:
Binary sketch size: 3620 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum)
/usr/local/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -C/usr/local/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v
-patm ega328p -carduino -P/dev/cuaU2 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/tmp/build2250459024687948161.tmp/CIRC10_TMP36_Temperature_Sensor.c pp.hex:i

avrdude: Version 5.10, compiled on Jul 24 2011 at 07:38:57
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is “/usr/local/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf”
User configuration file is “/home/mic/.avrduderc”
User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port : /dev/cuaU2
Using Programmer : arduino
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20]
avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20]
avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20]
avrdude: Recv: . [00]
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

avrdude done. Thank you.

I can upload from Windows 7 machine. Once uploaded I can read data on FreeBSD via Serial Monitor (temperature sensor).
I’m on FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p2 amd64 and Arduino 0022 plus a patch to resolve the readlink problem. I’m using the uarduno kernel module (tried both version 1.00 and 1.02a). I’ve tried with avrdude standard 5.10 version and also with patch from uarduno - FreeBSD® Kernel Driver for the Arduino Uno

It’s recognized as:
ugen0.2: <Arduino (www.arduino.cc)> at usbus0
umodem2: <Arduino (www.arduino.cc) Arduino Uno, class 2/0, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2 > on usbus0
umodem2: data interface 1, has CM over data, has break

Every time I get the same problem: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
Any ideas, please?

I see a couple things. One, it is a Linux version compiler. It seems all versions for Linux have some kind of bug. We are working on that part.

The other is this:

Using Port : /dev/cuaU2

I use the Mega2560, but I think it is supposed to be "/dev/ttyACM0" on the Uno also.

I've just noticed that the avrdude reports different problems depending on what program is already uploaded (via. Windows) on arduino board, so for example: - "programmer not responding" when there is a LED blinking program - "not in sync" when there is a temperature measuring program

That's strange now, is it not?

Not that strange. There is apparently a problem getting a Linux version of the Arduino software to work right.

Hopefully we are on the way to correct that. I have a slightly modified version of the latest Atmel 8-bit compiler working. It has a problem with the ethernet shield, but all else works ok.

See reply #10 here: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,67519.0.html

I have sent the two major changes to Atmel. Now we wait...

EDIT: What I mean by "major" is not the quantity of the changes (two lines affected), but without these two changes, the compiler will not compile even the simplest code for anyone to test the rest of it.

OK. Thank you for your time working on that, keep up the good work and get that sorted :) Cheers