Arduino UNO and nest

Hi,

I bought a smart thermostat called NEST (see nest.com) And also a couple of nest protects. They all have motion detectors.

Now I want to build a sort of alarm system with an arduino UNO. So basically I want to connect an arduino UNO to the nest network at home and read "the motions" (if there is a motion detected, my arduino UNO knows it and then I can set an alarm, send a message, ...)

But the problem is I have no ID how to start :-*

Is there anyone who can help me?

I think you will have to contact nest as see if they will supply wi-fi protocol information or if they are not forthcoming then Wireshark to monitor nest packet data and see if you can crack it yourself. Might be simpler/cheaper to build your own devices or work with off the shelf wireless PIR alarm devices.

If you have an iPhone you can use the IFTTT (If this then that) app. It allows you to set triggers for various things and Nest is one of them.

You create a "recipe" such as if Nest triggers send me an email.

Pauly: If you have an iPhone you can use the IFTTT (If this then that) app. It allows you to set triggers for various things and Nest is one of them.

You create a "recipe" such as if Nest triggers send me an email.

Surely that only works if your iPhone is in bluetooth range of the Nest. When you go out, you take your phone with you, so it won't work. A bit pointless.

No, the Nest is connected to your Wifi. Works wherever you and you iPhone are.

Pauly: No, the Nest is connected to your Wifi. Works wherever you and you iPhone are.

Sorry. I wasn't aware of the WiFi connection.

Does anyone know how to implement the nest api in an arduino sketch?