Arduino uno attachInterrupt pin and lcd monitor pins problem! ??

Hi to all!
I am trying to make a car monitor in order to measure rpm and other info from the car.
My problem is that I found a code and tranformed that in order to measure rpm via digital pin 2. The lcd monitor I am planning to use also needs to be connected to digital pin 2 and to some other pins. My arduino is Uno R3 and I read to arduino site that pulse with interupt the Uno can read only via pin 2 and pin 3( digital). Does anyone has an idea what can I do ? Or it is not possible with this arduino ?
Thanks in advance and sorry if sometimes I answer silly thing but I am new to arduino and code world! Thanks!

Why does the LCD insist on using pin 2? People often use pin 2 for those character LCDs (the 16x2 and 20x4 character ones - they need a bunch of pins, and having one long row of them to use is convenient), but that's not necessary... And yif that's the kind of LCD you're using, you could use one with the I2C backpack so you only need the two I2C pins.

On the other hand, why couldn't a PCINT be used for reading the RPM, instead of INT1 or INT0 pins?

Thank you for your reply. To the lcd I only want to print some numeric values. So you think that the lcd will work without pin 2 yes?

Yeah - you just need to connect another pin to the pin that you would have connected to pin 2, and change the call to the initializer to point at whatever pin instead of pin 2.

Sorry about the silly question... You mean there where I write liquidcrystal( all the pins of lcd are needed) to change the pin 2 with anoyher digital unused pin? Right?

Panosrc: Sorry about the silly question... You mean there where I write liquidcrystal( all the pins of lcd are needed) to change the pin 2 with anoyher digital unused pin? Right?

Yes.

I will try that! Many many thanks!