Arduino Uno: can't open library

Using standard Arduino Uno: Trying to do 1st compile of standard Blink sketch and get immediate compile error "Arduino: 1.8.8 (Mac OS X), TD: 1.45, Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno" /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware -tools /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/tools-builder -tools /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr -built-in-libraries /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries -libraries /Users/johnwilkinson/Documents/Arduino/libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -vid-pid=0X2341_0X0043 -ide-version=10808 -build-path /var/folders/j8/kf3c3d_53_7gmkz9kfsgdry40000gn/T/arduino_build_83790 -warnings=all -build-cache /var/folders/j8/kf3c3d_53_7gmkz9kfsgdry40000gn/T/arduino_cache_675506 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude-6.3.0-arduino14.path=/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc-5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2.path=/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA-1.2.1.path=/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr -verbose /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/examples/01.Basics/Blink/Blink.ino open /Users/johnwilkinson/Documents/Arduino/libraries: operation not permitted Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno."

Figured out main problem was that Java was not installed. Using the Mac Terminal utility with the 'java -version' I found that Java was not installed so I installed the Oracle Java system, restarted my computer, restarted the Arduino app but I still get the same error.

Maybe I need to uninstall the Arduino app and reinstall it. I will give that a try next.

John Wilkinson

Once I uninstalled 'Arduino.app' and reinstalled the app, I was able to get Blink to verify & compile/load without errors.

Still pin13 continues to blink at about the previous rate so not sure Blink is doing anything different.

Next step was to edit Blink so that it doubles the on time and that is obviously working.

So the issue is now fixed by me.

Was not able to get any Forum help to solve the problem.

John Wilkinson